INTERNATIONAL MUSEUM DAY
Source | Press Information Bureau
GS Paper I: Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
Context: Development of Museums and Cultural Spaces, Ministry of Culture, Government of India hosted a webinar on “Revitalising Museums and Cultural Spaces” to celebrate the International Museum Day.
Read More: National Technology Day Celebrated
Key Highlights of the Webinar on International Museum Day
- The webinar has been hosted by Development of Museums and Cultural Spaces, Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
- The National e-Governance Division (NeGD) created by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) has supported DMCS, Ministry of Culture by providing technical assistance for conducting of this Webinar.
- The webinar featured some of the best experts in the museum and cultural spaces domain.
- The objective of the webinar is to identify the possible policy actions that will help alleviate the short and long term effects of the crisis on museums, cultural spaces and their broader ecosystems
- The nascent topic Museo-preneurs also discussed to look at how museums can embrace the entrepreneurial spirit and work on sustainable business models.
Also Read: World Red Cross Day | Explained
PRELIMS Background Bites
About International Museum Day
- International Museum Day (IMD) is an international day held annually on or around 18 May, coordinated by the International Council of Museums (ICOM).
- The event highlights a specific theme which changes every year to reflect the basis of the international museum community’s preoccupations.
- International Museum Day therefore serves as a platform to raise public awareness on the role museums play in the development of society today, on an international level.
- THEME 2020 – Museum for Equality: Diversity and Inclusion
About National e-Governance Division (NeGD)
- In 2009, National e-Governance Division (NeGD) was created by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) as an Independent Business Division under the Digital India Corporation.
- Since 2009, NeGD has been playing a pivotal role in supporting the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology in Programme Management and implementation of e-Governance Projects and initiatives undertaken by Ministries/ Departments, both at Central and State levels.
Also Read: WORLD PRESS FREEDOM DAY
Subscribe to our newsletter!
INDIATHINKERS is now on TELEGRAM as ExamGuideUpsc. Join our Channel to get the latest posts updates and other important quiz and pdf materials.