VidyaDaan 2.0 | Contribute Towards e-Learning
Context: The Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ e-launched VidyaDaan 2.0 program for inviting e-learning content contributions.
Key Highlights about VidyaDaan Program
- The VidyaDaan 2.0 program has been launched due to the increasing requirement for e-learning content for students(both school and higher education) especially in the backdrop of situation arising out of Covid- 19.
- VidyaDaan is conceptualised as a common national program for individuals & organizations across the country to donate/contribute e-learning resources for both school and higher education to ensure continuity of quality learning.
- The content will be used on the DIKSHA app to help millions of children across the country to continue their learning anytime and anywhere.
- VidyaDaan has a content contribution tool that provides a structured interface for the contributors to register and contribute different types of content (such as, explanation videos, presentations, competency-based items, quizzes etc.), for any grade (from grade 1 to 12), for any subject as specified by the states/UTs.
- Contributions can be made by educationists, subject experts, schools, colleges, Universities, Institutes, government and non-government organisations, individuals, etc.
ALSO READ | SWAYAM MOOC Platform of MHRD
The DIKSHA Platform of MHRD has been operating since September 2017 with 30+ States/UTs leveraging DIKSHA for augmenting teaching and learning processes. With the unprecedented crisis due to the spread of the Novel Coronavirus and Covid-19 impacting upon school and higher education in many different ways, it is the right time and opportunity for all user states/UTs to strengthen their e- learning content for school and higher education on DIKSHA and leverage its potential use by students and teachers of your states/UTs.
- Realizing the scale and potential of DIKSHA, multiple institutions, organizations and individuals over the years have expressed their interest in contributing digital resources on DIKSHA.
- During DIKSHA review meetings by Government of India also the use of crowdsourcing tools to obtain high quality content under VidyaDaan from expert teachers/individuals and organizations has been stressed upon.
ALSO READ | YUKTI WEB PORTAL
About DIKSHA Platform of MHRD
- National Teacher Platform (NTP) branded as “Diksha” is an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- It is a state-of-the-art platform built to host Open Educational Resources (OER) and tools for Teachers in Schools, Teacher Educators in Teacher Education Institutes (TEIs) and Student Teachers in TEIs.
- It is built considering the whole teacher’s life cycle – from the time student teachers enroll in TEIs to after they retire as teachers.
- NTP envisages to provide:
- Teacher training courses (example – training on learning outcomes, CCE, etc.)
- Teaching resources such as lesson plans, concept videos, worksheets, mapped to curriculum
- Assessments for teachers, to find out their strengths and areas of improvement
Scope of DIKSHA
- The NTP will cater to teachers from all stages of school education including pre-primary, primary, upper primary, secondary and senior secondary.
- All institutions, groups and individuals catering to the above can be enrolled as members of the platform, and can contribute to the creation, curation and use of resources on the platform.
MUST READ | DIKSHA PLATFORM – IGOT TRAINING MODULE