Context: Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions released the National Preparedness Survey COVID-19.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE NATIONAL PREPAREDNESS SURVEY COVID-19
- The COVID 19 National Preparedness Survey 2020 was conducted in 410 Districts in the Country within 3 working days.
- District Collectors and IAS officers of (2014-2018) batches who have served as Assistant Secretaries in Government of India participated in the survey.
- The Survey points out that India’s response has been coherent, purposeful and determined.
- The Survey has highlighted that the policy actions of the Government. These includes Janata Curfew, National Lockdown, the Economic Package of Rs. 1.7 billion, the RBI announcements are steps which have received overwhelming support.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE SURVEY
- Developing a comparative analysis of COVID 19 preparedness across States.
- Highlighting the main priorities and constraints of COVID 19 preparedness, as they are perceived by the civil servants working in the field.
- Accessing enabling factors in making institutional/ logistics/ hospital preparedness, etc.
- Capturing trends to identify systemic and process related deficiencies, in combating COVID 19 in the districts of India.
HOW THIS SURVEY IS GOING TO BE HELPFUL IN COMBATING WITH THIS OUTBREAK?
Government of India has conducted this Survey in order to keep track of the current situation of COVID-19 pandemic in the country. This Survey helps the authorities to develop a comparative analysis of COVID 19 preparedness across States.
State-specific measures can be taken if the authorities are well aware of the situation of outbreak in different States. Further, this Survey also analyse the amount of assistance required to be provided to each State in case of this pandemic outbreak.
Further, this Survey also enables the Government to analyse the amount of effort need to be applied to cope up with this situation.
FOLLOW US ON
Join us on Telegram: http://t.me/ExamGuideUpsc