FIGHT CORONA IDEATHON
Context: MHRD Innovation Cell, AICTE, MEITY Startup Hub, InnovatioCuris and other institutions of global and national prominence organise Fight Corona IDEAthon.
WHAT IS IT?
Fight Corona IDEAthon is a 2-day online ideathon which is an initiative jointly organised by MHRD Innovation Cell, AICTE, MEITY Startup Hub, InnovatioCuris and other institutions of global and national prominence offering support in terms of Technology, Knowledge, Outreach, etc., with Forge Accelerator as the Partner incubator, in the endeavour to scout for accessible and affordable technological solutions that can contain the rapid spread of infection, ease the mounting pressure and ensure a quick return to normalcy.
WHO WILL BE FACILITATED DURING THE PROGRAM?
Ideas and solutions that demonstrate a proof of potential shall be awarded cash prizes up to Rs. 7 lakhs (sponsored by AICTE and AWS) and shall be offered innovation grants up to Rs. 40 lakhs to enable them to accelerate further development of their ideas and prototypes. Selected startups and innovators shall be offered incubation support with access to industry partners, industrial-grade prototyping lab and pilot production facilities, co-working facilities, business support services, mentoring and expertise in tech, strategy and venture development, corporate grants, etc.
Few international agencies like worldstartup.co, United Nations Technology and Innovation lab, and Crowdera have also come forward to support the participants.
WHY SUCH AN INITIATIVE HAS BEEN ORGANIZED?
Challenges and problem statements have been sought from healthcare professionals, government officials and other stakeholders working on the ground and are curated under 8 different categories such as –
- Personal Hygiene & Protection;
- Preparedness & Responsible Behavior;
- Medical Systems – Diagnostic & Therapeutic, Screening, Testing & Monitoring – Devices & IT/Digital/Data Solutions;
- Protecting Most Vulnerable Groups, Community Task Forces/Working Groups;
- Remote Work & Remote Education;
- Stabilizing Affected Businesses; and
- Open Category where one has the flexibility to choose and solve their own challenges.
Problem statements of high magnitude soliciting innovative technological solutions like the
- Design of reusable/washable masks;
- A system that can disinfect currency notes/coins;
- Mobile applications with an ability to provide right, reliable and authentic information to curb infection and the spread of panic;
- A non-invasive diagnostic kit;
- Alternate solutions for ventilators to treat patients who face chronic breathing problems;
- Storage Kits to collect test samples from homes and transport them to laboratories, etc. are put forth for student innovators, educators, researchers, professionals and startups to ideate and innovate feasible products.
Therefore, this platform will try to cater to all these problems and will provide a platform to look into the ideas and feasible products.