Context: National Book Trust, India, the national body for book publishing and book promotion under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, is launching a publishing series titled ‘Corona Studies Series’.
The study has been launched to document and to provide relevant reading materials for all age-groups for the post-Corona readership needs.
ABOUT CORONA STUDIES SERIES
- The ‘Corona Studies Series’ seeks to be a long-term contribution to prepare and engage readers with the various aspects of the Corona times by bringing out affordable books in various Indian languages in the identified subject areas.
- It will also provide suitable platform to authors and researchers willing to contribute in this genre.
- Books for the following segments will be prepared by the Study Group:
- Corona Virus (Covid 19) Affected Families: Lead Researchers- Sq. Leader (Rtd.) Meena Arora and Dr. Harsheeta.
- Elderly People: Lead Researcher–Dr. Jitender Nagpal and Ms. Aparajita Dixit.
- Parents with Special Focus on Mothers/Women: Lead Researchers — Lt. Col. TarunUppal and Mrs. Sonie Sidhu.
- Children and Adolescents: Lead Researchers –Ms. Aparajita Dixit and Mrs. Rekha Chauhan.
- Professionals and Workers: Lead Researchers –Dr.JitenderNagpal and Lt. Col. TarunUppal.
- Corona Warriors – Medical and Essential Services Providers: Lead Researchers –Sq.Leader (Rtd.) Meena Arora and Mrs. Soni Sidhu.
- Differently-abled, Special Needs and Mentally Challenged Population: Lead Researchers – Dr.Harsheeta and Mrs. Rekha Chauhan.
ABOUT NATIONAL BOOK TRUST
- National Book Trust (NBT) is an Indian publishing house, founded in 1957 as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Education of the Government of India. It now functions under aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
- DIRECTOR: Lt.Col Yuvraj Malik.
- FUNCTIONS: The activities of the Trust include publishing, promotion of books and reading, promotion of Indian books abroad, assistance to authors and publishers, and promotion of children’s literature.
- NBT publishes reading material in several Indian languages for all age-groups, including books for children and neo-literates.
- NBT’s children’s books are known for their illustrations, by illustrators such as Pulak Biswas, Jagdish Joshi, Mrinal Mitra, Subir Roy, Atanu Roy, Manjula Padmanabhan, Mickey Patel and Suddhasattwa Basu.
- Painters Jatin Das and Krishen Khanna have also illustrated books for the Trust.