NATIONAL E-GOVERNANCE AWARDS, 2020
Context: National e-Governance Awards 2020 were presented at the valedictory session of National Conference on e-Governance 2020 which recently concluded in Mumbai.
The awards are presented by Department of Administrative reforms & Public Grievances (DAR&PG) every year during National conference on e-Governance. The main objective of organizing the National E-Governance Awards every year is to recognize and promote Excellence in implementation of e-Governance initiatives. WHO ALL ARE AWARDED?: The Awards are conferred upon some of the best Government to Government (G to G), Government to Citizen (G to C), b initiatives taken by government departments. Besides, it also recognizes initiatives in Start-ups, Academic Research Institutions as well as initiatives in adopting emerging technologies. CATEGORIES OF AWARDS: The awards are basically presented in 6 broad categories. These are:
- Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering for Digital Transformation.
- Excellence in providing Citizen-Centric Delivery.
- Excellence in District level Initiative in e-Governance (i) North-East States + Hilly States (ii) UTs (including Delhi) (iii) Other States.
- Outstanding research on Citizen Centric Services by Academic/Research Institutions.
- Innovative Use of ICT in e-Governance solutions by Start-ups [Start up as defined by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) Government of India]
- Excellence in Adopting Emerging Technologies.
- National Health Authority, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare received Gold for Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, under the category Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering for Digital Transformation.
- Antyodaya Saral Haryana of Department of IT, Haryana received the Gold for Excellence in providing citizen-centric delivery.
- IIT Roorkee’s Satellite-Based Agriculture Information System: An Efficient Application of ICT – received the Gold Award for Outstanding Research on Citizen-Centric Services.
Follow us on:
Join us on Telegram: http://t.me/ExamGuideUpsc