KERALA MAN TELLS INDIAN HISTORY ON ONE-RUPEE NOTE
Context: The 33- year-old, ARVIND KUMAR PAI, has collected 1,200 One-rupee currency notes bearing serial numbers that match with dates of historical and important events in the country.
KEY DETAILS ABOUT HIS COLLECTION Among his collections, he posses following notable notes apart from other that he has in his inventory:
- Serial number 311084 (October 31, 1984 – date of assassination of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi).
- Serial number 010148 ( January 01, 1848 — India’s first school for girls opened at Bhide Wada in Pune.)
- Serial number 080457 (April 8, 1857 – Mangal Pandey was hanged)
- Serial Number 280228 (February 28, 1928 – Discovery of Raman Effect).
Serial Number 121136 (November 12, 1936 — Temple entry proclamation)
Serial Number 261149 (November 26, 1949 — Constituent Assembly adopted the Constitution of India).
Serial Number 050457 (April 05, 1957 — the first-ever elected Communist government came into power in Kerala).
Serial Number 250675 (25 June 1975 — Emergency declared).
- Earlier, he entered the Limca Book of Records for having the largest collection of Re 1 notes totaling to 11,111.
- He also entered the record books for possessing at least 3 notes signed by each of the Finance Secretories K.R.K. Menon to Ratan P. Watal.
- In 2015, he along with his mother Renjitha Bai, entered Limca Book of Records after he snet her an envelope with most number of stamps pasted on it (322 stamps).
- Again in 2015, he entered the Asia Book of Records and India Book of Records for possessing the most number of Gandhi Stamps in Asia and India respectively.
Follow us on:
Join us on Telegram: http://t.me/ExamGuideUpsc