Context: Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog join hands with NASSCOM to roll out Artificial Intelligence Modules in Indian schools.
OBJECTIVE: to leverage the full potential of AIM’s Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) and further empowers them to innovate and create valuable solutions benefiting societies at large. KEY HIGHLIGHTS The hands-on AI module has been designed considering academic, co-scholastic and other ATL programs at school and is formulated to encourage young students to contribute to the journey of nation building. The module will be a catalyst for the youth to explore, ideate and learn the latest technologies and build a generation of innovators at the grass-root level. The module contains activities, videos and experiments that enable students to work through and learn the various concepts of AI. India can add 1.3% to its GDP on an annual basis through the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence. AI module is so critical, in the sense that it will start teaching young children from a very young age then Indians will become major players in AI, like it has been done in the past for robots, 3D printing, IoT. It has been estimated that by 2030, the global market in AI is likely to be in the range of 15 to 15.5 trillion dollars, out of which India’s share will be close to a trillion. AI is going to be an integral part of the new 21st century innovations and we are proud to introduce the Learn-It-Yourself module in all our 5000 Atal Tinkering Labs with over 2.5 million students having access to it. ABOUT ATAL INNOVATION MISSION Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is Government of India’s flagship initiative that promotes a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country. OBJECTIVE: To develop new programmes and policies for fostering innovation in different sectors of the economy, provide platform and collaboration opportunities for different stakeholders, create awareness and create an umbrella structure to oversee innovation ecosystem of the country. The Five major initiatives taken in first year of establishment of AIM are:
- Atal Tinkering Labs: Creating problem solving mindset across schools in India.
- Atal Incubation Centers: Fostering world class startups and adding a new dimension to the incubator model.
- Atal New India Challenges: Fostering product innovations and aligning them to the needs of various sectors/ministeries.
- Mentor India Campaign: A national Mentor network in collaboration with public sector, corporates and institutions, to support all the intiatives of the mission.
- Atal Community Innovation Center: To stimulate community centric innovation and ideas in the unserved /underserved regions of the country including Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
- ARISE: To stimulate innovation and research in the MSME industry.t large.
Follow us on:
Join us on Telegram: http://t.me/ExamGuideUpsc